Scope of Warranty
|For 2 years or 30000 kms from the date of purchase (whichever is earlier)||For 2 years or 24000 kms from the date of purchase (whichever is earlier)|
|Valid (Only if)||Invalid (In case of)|
|Vehicle serviced as per recommended schedule at authorized Yamaha dealer.||Parts subjected to consumable or normal wear & tear.|
|Using only Yamaha genuine parts and lubes.||Parts / repairs subjected to misuse or accident.|
|Having manufacturing defect in parts.||Repairs subjected to normal maintenance.|
|Vehicle is in standard condition (Not modified).||Vehicle used for commercial purpose.|
|Vehicle repaired at unauthorized workshops.|
In the unlikely event of your YAMAHA Vehicle requiring warranty service please contact the nearest authorized dealer. We advice our valuable customers to read service and warranty handbook carefully before you get in touch with our Authorized Dealer to avoid any inconvenience.
The warranty coverage on the vehicle shall be valid only if the customer avails all free and paid and bonus services from Authorized YAMAHA dealer as per Recommended Service Schedule (please refer service and warranty handbook) and only genuine spare parts are used. The customer shall ensure that each service is availed in accordance accordance with the instructions mentioned in service and warranty handbook (especially during break-in Period).
YAMAHA will replace or repair at its Authorized Dealership free of charge, those parts which may be found on examination to have manufacturing defect, within warranty period (please refer service and warranty handbook).If during this period of warranty the Vehicle proves to be defective due to material or workmanship, YAMAHA through its Authorized Dealers will repair the Vehicle without charging the labor or parts value subject to terms and conditions mentioned below:
The claim for replacement or repair of part (s) shall be considered only when:
- The Customer ensures that immediately upon occurrence of the defect he approaches the nearest YAMAHA Authorized Dealer with the affected Vehicle. The expenses if any, to bring the Vehicle to YAMAHA's Authorized Dealer shall be born by the customer.
- The Customer produces the Owner's Manual in original to enable YAMAHA's Authorized Dealer to verify the Vehicle details and servicing details. YAMAHA reserves the right to refuse warranty, if the Owners Manual is not presented or if the information contained in is incomplete or tempered.
Warranty claims in respect of proprietary items like Tires, Tubes, Battery, Spark Plug and Helmet are warranted by their respective manufacturers and shall be claimed on directly by the customer as per their warranty terms. YAMAHA and its Authorised Dealers will give all assistance in taking up such claims with the manufacturer of said items.
- Normal maintenance operations such as Engine tune-up, De-carbonising, Fuel System Cleaning, Wheels, Brakes and Clutch adjustments as well as any other normal adjustment.
- Consumable (wear and tear) items, i.e. Break Shoes, Fasteners/ Shims/ Washers, Gaskets and Rubber or Plastic Components, (other than tires & tubes ) oil seals, Cables electrical wiring and Electrical Items like Bulbs, filters, spark plugs, Drive Chain, Sprocket, Clutch plate, Race Bearing & Element Air Cleaner and wheel rim misalignment or bend.
- Part(s) of the Vehicle that have been subjected to misuse, accident, negligent treatment or which have been used in conjunction with parts and equipment not manufactured or recommended for use by YAMAHA such use prematurely affects the performance and reliability of the Vehicle.
- Use of non-genuine parts, non-genuine oil and lubricants.
- Parts of the Vehicle getting rusty due to atmospheric effects because of Industrial Pollution.
- Parts of Vehicle that have been altered and modified or replaced in unauthorized manner and which in the sole judgement of YAMAHA affects its performance and reliability.
- Vehicle that has not been got serviced by YAMAHA'S Authorized Dealers as per the service schedule described contains all Free Services & Paid Service or which has not been operated or maintained in accordance with the instructions mentioned in service and warranty handbook (especially during break-in Period).
- Vehicle used for any competition or race and/or for attempting to set up any kind of record. YAMAHA undertakes no liability in the matter of any consequential loss or damage caused due to failure of the part(s)
- For normal phenomenon like noise, vibration, oil seepage, which do not affect the performance of the Vehicle
- For maintenance repairs required due to misuse while driving or due to adulteration of oil, petrol or due to bad road conditions.
- If any part of the vehicle is tampered / repaired by unauthorized persons/workshops etc.
- For consumables like oil, grease etc. used during free services or used during warranty repairs.
- If there is any damage due to modification or fitting of accessories other than the ones recommended by YAMAHA.
- For claims made for any consequential damage due to any previous malfunction.
- If there is any damaged caused due to usage of improper oil/grease, non genuine parts
- Change in parts color due to usage of soap/detergent and/or hard water.
- Change in color (whitening) of parts made of PP material.
- Parts damage due to spill over of a battery electrolyte.
- Yamaha takes no liability in the matter of consequential loss or damage caused due to failure of parts. Delay if any, for carrying out the repairs due to non availability of parts at YAMAHA dealer. Neither this shall be a ground for extending the warranty period, nor shall it give any right to customer for claiming any compensation for damages.
- This warranty does not cover the risks like accidents, lightening, water, fire other acts of God, improper handling or any external cause beyond the control of YAMAHA.
- This warranty does not affect the customer's statutory rights under applicable Indian laws, nor the consumer's rights against the Dealer arising from their sales/purchase contract.
This Warranty is the entire written warranty given by YAMAHA for the Vehicle and no other person, including the Authorized Dealer or his agent or employee is authorized to extend or enlarge terms or this Warranty.